Every other guy out there is always looking for the best chest workout that will chisel the pecs but often they find it hard to find the most effective chest development exercises. Although the popular approach is using standard bench presses, incline presses and cable crossover; there are different ways of getting quicker results.
You are probably tired of seeing the same cookie cutter chest workouts that get you decent results but fail to get you where you want to be. In order to see quick results you have to try different yet simple chest development exercises.
The key in any workout program is to workout a muscle group from various angles. In the case of the chest you should do exercises that will stimulate the upper, middle and lower chest. A second component that is important is challenging your muscles with different exercises.
If you are not afraid to experiment and want a highly effective workout then try the following routine:
- Decline Bench Presses- use either dumbbells or a barbell with a decline bench
- Dips- use a dip bar and while lowering your body keep your chin tucked in and touching your upper chest. Tucking your chin will allow more of a stretch in the chest. To avoid injury make sure your elbows make a 90-degree angle and your upper arms are parallel to the floor. Do not go lower than this or it may injure your shoulders.
- Flat Bench Presses- Perform with dumbbells or a barbell
- Incline Bench Presses- use dumbbells or barbell and set the incline bench at 30 to 45 degrees
- Cable Crossover with Push Ups- Rather than performing cable crossovers while standing do them on your knees. On the 10th repetition hold the two handles together and feel the squeeze in your pecs. Hold for 10 seconds then move in to a push up position and try to do as many push-ups as possible. The handles will be in each hand during the push-ups. Perform these with lightweight as it is challenging.
Perform 3 to 4 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions per set. For the cable crossovers do 10 repetitions and as many push ups.
This kind of workout is very effective and will definitely help you chisel your pecs. Although I often see guys avoiding lower chest development exercises you will find that these exercises line decline press and dips are great in developing the chest muscles.